1. If not in the current profession, you would be?
2. One tune you always hum?
Summer of 69
3. One book to read when you want to motivate yourself?
Maneaters of Kumaon -to join Mr. Jim Corbett in his hunting expeditions away from city life
4. One dialogue of a movie that motivates you or you like the most?
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse, from The Godfather
5. The place you have never been to but always want to go to?
Alaska, where I will live post-retirement to explore the frozen wilderness
6. An animal that signifies you & why?
I love all kind of birds, Neelkanth is a big favorite
7. A movie character you most resemble or resonate with?
Al Pachino, He looks like a regular guy but elevates each role incredibly
8. If your life was to be turned into a movie, who would you like to play your part?
Will Smith, in a positive role and Joaquim de Almeida in a negative one
9. Luck or Hard Work, what do you think weighs more in defining a successful person?
Hard work alone
10. The one best decision you ever made?
Choosing IIM Ahmedabad where I met very capable and inspiring business brains
11. A strategy that you always use to take your decisions in Personal or Professional life?
I introspect if I am willing to commit enough time and resources to that decision, to make it a success. If yes then Its a go- otherwise I drop it
12. Whose advice do you seek when in a dilemma?
My dad and a few close friends
13. What has been your biggest achievement?
Marrying Monika and moving to Midwest US, with her, in fascinating days of “IT boom” in the late 90s
14. One thing that you want to change in yourself?
Would love to improve my fencing game
15. A line said by your close one that you never forget?
God’s best gifts are unanswered prayers