Wipro Declares Salary Hike Of 96 Percent of Employees

The remaining 4 per cent of the employees could be either on sabbaticals or could those who are on extended leaves


The leading IT firm in the country, Wipro, has announced an increase in its employees' salaries. The number of employees who will have an increment in their salary constitutes 96 per cent of the total headcount. As per the reports of Economic Times, The remaining 4 per cent of the employees could be either on sabbaticals or could be those who are on extended leaves, rest of them will have hile along with September's monthly salary.

The internal mail sent by Chief Human Resource Officer, Saurabh Govil reads "Despite financial pressures in the last quarter, we have ensured a substantially wider coverage and market-aligned salary increase.” Earlier, Wipro had decided to hold back variable pay to its mid and senior-level executives for the quarter that ended in June. On the other hand, fresher and junior-level staff will get variable pay after a 30 per cent cut. The IT company, in an email, stated that the variable pay cut is happening due to operating margin pressure.\

The mail further added "You will receive your MSI letter from your manager over the next few days. The salary increases in this cycle cover about 96% of all Wiproites based on performance and meeting eligibility criteria.”

The C1 band- managers and other high officials have already received pay hikes effective June last year. However, this year employees have been awarded only effective September. 

Tags assigned to this article:


Around The World