Winning Stroke: Interview with Pankaj Vermani, Founder & CEO, Clovia
"Always be in an attitude of gratitude. Always stay humble. Always strive for excellence in whatever you do."
Photo Credit : Clovia ,
1) If not in the current Profession, You would be?
Professional Theater Actor/Director! It was my first love before the passion for business / value creation took over
2) One tune you always hum?
Every Day is a winding road - Sheryl Crow
3) One Book to read when you want to motivate yourself?
Autobiography of a Yogi - Paramhansa Yogananda
4) One Dialogue of a movie that motivates you or you like the most?
There is no spoon - Matrix
5) The Place you never been to and always want to go?
6) An animal that signifies you & why?
The badger. It’s a survivor ;) (reference is a story called ‘The Badger’ by Jug Suraiya)
7) A Movie Character you most resemble or resonate with?
Winston Wolfe - Pulp Fiction (I love being the go-to guy in time of crisis)
8) Choose one from each below:
a) Marvel or DC - Marvel - in a heartbeat
b) Batman or Superman - Batman
c) Tom or Jerry - Jerry the mouse
d) Chacha Chaudhary or Super Commando Dhruv - Super Commando Dhruv!
9) If your life was to be turned into a movie who would you like to play your part?
Steve Martin. At least he’ll make it super funny and witty :)
10) Luck or Hard Work, What do you think weighs more in defining a successful Person?
Both are absolutely essential for success. It’s a fair mix of both. But hard work is all you have in your control. So no reason to give weight to things you can't control, so luck needs to be hoped for but not banked upon.
11) One best decision you ever made?
Coaxing my wife to marry me :)
12) A strategy that you always use to take your decisions in Personal or Professional life?
I got only one thumb rule of life - “no regrets”. Don't want to look back and think “what if”. If there’s a chance to take, do it here and now. At least you would’ve put your best foot forward and won’t have to second guess the possibilities.
13) Whose advise you seek when in dilemma?
The divine. There’s enough intuition and power in the cosmos to guide us all. We need to ask the right questions with the right intent and have the courage to accept the answers
14) What has been your biggest achievement?
To be ever motivated, and positive through all good times and the tough ones. And to have hired and worked with good people - many of who grew up to be super entrepreneurs themselves. It’s the ‘give back’ to the ecosystem that is the real gratification.
15) One thing that you want to change in yourself?
I have to learn to control my netflix binge :) Once I am plugged, i can be a couch potato for days together!
16) A line said by your closed one that you never forget?
Always be in an attitude of gratitude. Always stay humble. Always strive for excellence in whatever you do.