Winning Stroke: Interview with Narasimha Jayakumar, CEO, Nightingales Home Health Services
Enjoy the journey and be thankful every day, says Jayakumar
1. If not in the current profession, you would be?
An arborist or a landscape artist, as I am a very keen gardener.
2. One tune you always hum.
"Where do I begin to tell the story of how grateful love can be...", sung by Andy Williams, from the movie "Love Story".
3. One book to read when you want to motivate yourselves.
"The magic of thinking BIG" - by David Schwartz.
4. One dialogue of a movie that motivates you or you like the most.
"Joh duniya ko namumkin lage, wahi mauka hota hai, kartab dikhane ka..." (Jackie Shroff who plays the role of the magician, Iqbal Haroon Khan in Dhoom 3)
When the world tells you that a certain feat is impossible, that is the right opportunity for you to perform and stun them.
5. The place you never been to and always want to go.
I would love to visit Bora Bora, French Polynesia
6. An animal that signifies you & why?
Lion! (from my name)
7. A movie character you most resemble or resonate with.
Captain Jack Aubrey (played by Russel Crowe) in the movie - Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World
8. If your life was to be turned into a movie who would you like to play your part?
9. Luck or Hard Work, what do you think weighs more in defining a successful person?
I would opt for hard work.
10. One best decision you ever made.
Working for a start-up!
11. A strategy that you always use to take your decisions in personal or professional life.
Take some risks. Don't plan everything.
12. Whose advice do you seek when in dilemma?
When in dilemma, I go with my heart.
13. What has been your biggest achievement?
Growing a small business into something that became IPO-able!
14. One thing that you want to change in yourself.
I would like to be less of a perfectionist
15. A line said by your closed one that you never forget.
“Enjoy the journey and be thankful, every day.”