Winning Stroke: Interview with Mohit Goel, CEO, Omaxe
Mohit Goel Says, "In terms of business acumen, I see traits of Abhishek Bachchan’s character in the film Guru in myself."
If not in the current profession, you would be?
I would have been a teacher. I love to spend time with kids.
•One tune you always hum.
Mai Kisi Aur Ka Hu Filhaal by B Praak
•One book to read when you want to motivate yourself.
What it takes by From Blackstone Chairman, CEO, and co-founder Stephen a. Schwarzman.
•One dialogue of a movie that motivates you or you like the most.
Ek baar jo maine commitment kar di, uske baad main apne aap ki bhi nahin sunta. Salman Khan said this in the film Wanted and it somehow connects with the philosophy I stand for in the way I run my business.
• The place you never been to and always want to go.
• An animal that signifies you & why?
Tiger – Determined, confident and aggressive.
• A Movie Character you most resemble or resonate with?
In terms of business acumen, I see traits of Abhishek Bachchan’s character in the film Guru in myself.
• If your life was to be turned into a movie who would you like to play your part?
• Luck or Hard Work, what do you think weighs more in defining a successful person?
• One best decision you ever made.
To work under my dad while pursuing my education. That for me was the best education I can ever think of. Learning the ropes of real estate from him is like going to world’s best institution.
• A strategy that you always use to take your decisions in Personal or Professional life.
Whenever I am stuck in decision making, I spend time with my mother, talk to her, help her with her chores; and come back to work clear-headed and refreshed.
• Whose advice do you seek when in a dilemma?
My father Mr. Rohtas Goel when it comes to professional decisions and my younger sister when it comes to personal decisions.
• What has been your biggest achievement?
Creating a decentralised self-ownership model of operations where everyone is authorized to make their own decision while striving to achieve the vision of the company.
• One thing that you want to change in yourself.
I want to be more patient.
• A line said by your close one that you never forget?
My father always tells me - once committed, you better deliver on your promises.