Winning Stroke: Interview with Kamlesh Kumar Sharma, Chief Communications Officer, Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages Pvt Ltd
"Your success is defined by how much somebody misses you, when you are not there"
Photo Credit : Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages Pvt Ltd,
1. If not in the current profession, you would be?
Researcher on King Ashoka The Great
2. One tune you always hum
Ek Raasta Hai Zindagi, jo thum gaye woh kuch nahin (from the movie Kaala Pathhar)
3. One book to read when you want to motivate yourselves.
Usually a biography / autobiography of a sportsman. Currently however, reading “No Higher Honour” by Condoleeza Rice
4. One dialogue of a movie that motivates you or you like the most.
“Paisa Plant ke liye lagna chahiye, Plant paise ke liye nahin” – Abhishek Bachchan in Sarkar Raj
5. The place you never been to and always want to go.
Lots of them – Siachen, Mansarovar, Norway, Iceland, Denmark
6. An animal that signifies you & why?
A horse I guess – somebody told me, the animal has Piscean characteristics
7. A movie character you most resemble or resonate with.
No one in totality, but a combination of Kevin Costner in JFK, Amitabh in Trishul and Aamir Khan in Taare Zameen Par, should do
8. If your life was to be turned into a movie who would you like to play your part?
Amitabh Bachchan or Tom Hanks
9. Luck or Hard Work, what do you think weighs more in defining a successful person?
Hard work with a hint of luck!
10. One best decision you ever made.
Started taking long road trips across the country
11. A strategy that you always use to take your decisions in personal or professional life.
When in doubt, consult the Mahabharata
12. Whose advice do you seek when in dilemma?
My younger brother. He is much smarter than I am!
13. What has been your biggest achievement?
It is still WIP but amongst others, the fact that I was a part of the team that turned around the Coca-Cola business in India, a decade ago, gives me a lot of comfort.
14. One thing that you want to change in yourself.
I seek too much precision
15. A line said by your closed one that you never forget.
Your success is defined by how much somebody misses you, when you are not there.