Winning Stroke: Interview with Jyoti Kapoor, CEO Mpower
"Life is a journey where, at a point in time, some achievements seem like the highest. In the long run, it’s the person you become as a result of all the experiences & that’s my achievement."
1) If not in the current profession, you would be?
2) One tune you always hum?
Aane Wala Pal Jane Wala Hai.
3) One Book to read when you want to motivate yourselves?
It taught me to focus on working on my strengths which lead to better results, instead of feeling overwhelmed by perceived weaknesses.
4) One Dialogue of a movie that motivates you or you like the most?
“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” Dumbledore in Harry Porter.
5) The Place you never been to and always want to go?
Ireland – it’s beautiful, serene and makes me want to paint.
6) An animal that signifies you & why?
Horse - strength, loyalty, integrity, and also man’s best friend.
7) A Movie Character you most resemble or resonate with?
Hrithik Roshan in Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara.
There was a time in my life when I got so busy doing work that I forgot that I should also enjoy work.
8) Choose one from each below:
* Marvel or DC - Marvel my favorite past time is watching these movies with my son
* Batman or Superman – Superman, because the cause of saving humanity is the driving force.
* Tom or Jerry – Jerry – innovative survivor and not scared of adversity.
* Chacha Chaudhary or Super Commando Dhruv - Chacha Chaudhary because of the sheer intelligence.
9) If your life was to be turned into a movie who would you like to play your part?
My favorite actor, Julia Roberts. She can step into any shoes and play any role with ease.
10) Luck or Hard work, what do you think weighs more in defining a successful Person?
Hard work, consistency & perseverance will always give results. Nothing else matters as much.
11) One best decision you ever made?
To combine my passion with my profession which led to me working in the Mental Health space.
12) A strategy that you always use to take your decisions in Personal or Professional life?
Go with my Gut.
13) Whose advice do you seek when in dilemma?
2 people –
My father for my life decisions & my sister because she has always been and will always be my go-to person.
14) What has been your biggest achievement?
Life is a journey where, at a point in time, some achievements seem like the highest. In the long run, it’s the person you become as a result of all the experiences & that’s my achievement.
15) One thing that you want to change in yourself?
I want to be able to sing. I just cannot sing.
16) A line said by your close one that you never forget?
My Father told me, “Always follow your heart & you will never go wrong”.