Winning Stroke: Interview with Francis Padamadan, Senior Director – Asia Pacific RPO & BPS Practice, KellyOCG
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
Photo Credit : KellyOCG,
1. If not in the current profession, you would be?
A movie director of a super-duper “ Bollywood “ or “South Indian Movie” .It’s a job where you use the best talent to convert a script to an imagination and imagination to visuals, with a vision of market, profit & excellence in mind.
2. One tune you always hum.
My caller tune : “Don’t worry, be happy”. I am a firm believer that “There’s always light at the end of the tunnel”.
3. One book to read when you want to motivate yourself.
I love to read short stories on personalities who made it big.
4. One dialogue of a movie that motivates you or you like the most?
“With Great Power comes Great Responsibility” from Spiderman.
5. The place you never been to and always want to go.
I have never been to Taj Mahal on a full moon lit night. Also, I want to visit the Byron Bay lighthouse to enjoy the experience of a moon rise.
6. An animal that signifies you & why?
Eagle. The eagle has an eye for detail and its ability to adapt to change is fantastic.
7. A Movie Character you most resemble or resonate with?
· Marvel or DC: Marvel
· Batman or Superman: Superman
· Tom or Jerry: Actually TOM now
· Chacha Chaudhary or Super Commando Dhruv: Chacha Chaudhari – I still remember the comic says “His mind works faster than computer” J
8. If your life was to be turned into a movie who would you like to play your part?
Will Smith because of his positive attitude and charm of Will Smith.
9. Luck or Hard Work, What do you think weighs more in defining a successful person?
Hard work for sure. It will always lead to all possible doors, including luck.
10. One best decision you ever made.
Choosing my life partner “Maria” and coming back to India.
11. A strategy that you always use to take your decisions in Personal or Professional life.
It is good to understand the situation through people and all possible data as it always helps me make the best decision while deciding from the head and the heart at the same time.
12. Whose advise you seek when in dilemma?
My wife Maria.
13. What has been your biggest achievement?
Making my team members do well in life & their success.
14. One thing that you want to change in yourself.
I wish I could get more time to sleep.
15. A line said by your closed one that you never forget?
My dad said to me “ Opportunity comes very rare, so cease it early and make the most of it “.