Winning Stroke: Interview with Ajay Arjit Singh, Founder Director, 5nance.com
‘When deciding something, I spend a lot of time on 50:50. But the moment its 51:49, I make it 100:0’
Photo Credit : 5nance.com,
1. If not in the current profession, you would be?
A physicist. My love affair with physics continues since college.
2. One tune you always hum.
Dakini, by Prem Joshua.
3. One book to read when you want to motivate yourself.
Life brings its own motivations daily. I read books for knowledge, perspectives and joy.
4. One dialogue of a movie that motivates you or you like the most.
‘when you have to shoot, shoot; don’t talk’ – The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
5. The place you never been to and always want to go.
6. An animal that signifies you & why?
The entire kingdom. I am everyone..and none.
7. A Movie Character you most resemble or resonate with:
Howard Roark in The Fountainhead
8. Marvel or DC:
9. Batman or Superman: neither again.
The whole idea of ‘saving the mankind’ superheroes (with hidden identities) is doltish. Johannes Kepler is a real superhero!
10. Tom or Jerry:
Jerry. He’s funny!
11. Chacha Chaudhary or Super Commando Dhruv:
Chacha Chaudhury of course, with his faster than computer brain! Roger Penrose must also be inspired by him.
12. If your life was to be turned into a movie who would you like to play your part?
13. Luck or Hard Work, what do you think weighs more in defining a successful person?
The one who enjoys one’s work. Then there is no ‘hard’ work and you keep meeting luck around the turns of your joy ride.
14. One best decision you ever made.
To trust life.
15. A strategy that you always use to take your decisions in Personal or Professional life.
Keep your mind open.
16. Whose advise you seek when in dilemma?
My own calmer mind.
17. What has been your biggest achievement?
I continue to LIVE every single day!
18. One thing that you want to change in yourself.
Do even more, talk even lesser.
19. A line said by your close one that you never forget?
‘When deciding something, I spend a lot of time on 50:50. But the moment its 51:49, I make it 100:0’ – Prof Sidhu of Defense Studies in Punjabi University.