Winning Stroke: Interview with Abhijeet Mukherjee, CEO, Monster.com (APAC & Gulf)
“A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.”
Photo Credit : monster.com,
• If not in the current profession, you would be?
A scientist or a professor. Runs in my genetics.
• One tune you always hum?
“Aashayein” from the movie Iqbal is a favourite of all time.
• One Book to read when you want to motivate yourselves?
“Good To Great” by Jim Collins is a wonderful read about insights and quantifiable evaluation points which can be applied to both your personal and professional life.
• One Dialogue of a movie that motivates you or you like the most?
In today’s scenario when time is money, the quote that rings true is by Gandalf, from Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring- “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.”
• The place you never been to and always want to go?
Iceland for its natural vistas and dramatic landscapes.
• An animal that signifies you & why?
Possibly the lion’s silent strength and courage.
• A Movie Character you most resemble or resonate with?
Instead of restricting myself to a specific character, I would like to choose the timeless icon and movie personality Amitabh Bachchan as someone I resonate with. I think he stands for relentless passion. And the respect he has for his craft is a true inspiration.
• Choose one from each below:
o Marvel or DC- Marvel
o Batman or Superman- Batman
o Tom or Jerry- Jerry
o Chacha Chaudhary or Super Commando Dhruv- Chacha Chaudhary
• If your life was to be turned into a movie who would you like to play your part?
Robert DeNiro is among my favourite artists and it will be a pleasure to watch him play me.
• Luck or Hard Work, what do you think weighs more in defining a successful Person?
Luck and hard work align beautifully when right people connect with right jobs.
• One best decision you ever made?
Marrying my best friend.
• A strategy that you always use to take your decisions in Personal or Professional life?
I work on certain basic principles to take a call. And then always trust my instincts to call the shots, both personally and professionally.
• Whose advise do you seek when in dilemma?
I look up to my wife for answers to problems I cannot solve on my own.
• What has been your biggest achievement?
My biggest achievement has been to successfully balance my personal and professional life and not let go of my time with near and dear ones in the hustle-bustle of life.
• One thing that you want to change in yourself?
I would like to be more active and religiously find time for workouts, golf and table-tennis sessions.
• A line said by your closed one that you never forget?
When life shuts a door, open it again. It’s a door. That’s how they work!