Winning Stroke: Interview With Harshit Vyas, SVP & COO, OYO India & South Asia
A dialogue that really motivates Vyas is, "Life will knock us down but we can choose whether or not to get back up." - The Karate Kid
1. If not in the current profession, you would be?
An entrepreneur (mostly in organic farming)
2. One tune you always hum?
Yellow by Coldplay
3. One book to read when you want to motivate yourself.
Nothing charges me up like time with family but I loved “Grit : The power of Passion and Perseverance ” By Angela Duckworth
4. One dialogue of a movie that motivates you or you like the most.
"Life will knock us down but we can choose whether or not to get back up." - The Karate Kid
5. The place you never been to and always want to go?
The Marieta islands, few miles off the coast of Mexico
6. An animal that signifies you & why?
Lion - Even I am leo by sun sign, represents courage, confidence, loyalty, bond with family & leadership.
7. A Movie Character you most resemble or resonate with?
Jack from “This is Us” (TV Show)
8. If your life was to be turned into a movie who would you like to play your part?
9. Luck or Hard Work, what do you think weighs more in defining a successful person?
Depends on how you define success
10. One best decision you ever made?
To join OYO in early stage (2014), working with the best of the talent here and could be part of a journey from a few hotels to one of the largest hospitality companies in the world.
11. A strategy that you always use to take your decisions in your Personal or Professional life?
The first part is I don't directly jump to conclusions and don't lose my calm. If there is time in decision. I do consider all risks & rewards along with all facts.
12. Whose advice do you seek when in a dilemma?
13. What has been your biggest achievement?
When I got my first “Proud of you, beta” from my late father.
14. One thing that you want to change in yourself.
Should take more vacations :)
15. A line said by your close one that you never forget?
My father used to say that “ worst regret in life is to not have tried enough, so always try your best and dont give up”