Thierry Delaporte, CEO & MD, Wipro: 5 Things You Must Know
Thierry Delaporte will take charge of his duties from 6 July 2020 as CEO and MD, Wipro
Thierry Delaporte has been appointed as the new CEO and Managing Director of Wipro - India's fourth-largest Information Technology major. Succeeding Abidali Neemuchwala who will step down on June 1st, 2020; Delaporte will take charge of his duties from July 6th, 2020.
Here are 5 facts about him and his journey to the top:
1. He is a Capgemini Loyalist As soon as three years after his graduation, he Capgemini where he spent an approximate of 25 years. Joining in 1995 as the Group Internal Auditor of its subsidiary Sogeti, his career mounted as he assumed the roles of CFO for the company in various geographies, including Austria, Spain, Portugal, and North America. Currently, he holds the portfolio of Chief Operating Officer (COO) at Capgemini and is a member of its Group Executive Board.
2. Studied Economics, Science, and Law According to his LinkedIn profile, he is an alumnus of the prestigious Science Po, where he studied Economics and Finance in Paris between in 1989-1992. Prior to that Thierry, Delaporte did his masters in law at Sorbonne University during 1986-1990.
3. Although Thierry Delaporte will be based out of Paris for functioning Wipro but is not new to India. Earlier, he has overseen Capgemini’s India operations with a pool of more than 100,000 team members and led the group’s revolutionary agenda. His knowledge about financial and banking services will come in handy for Wipro as these account for 31% of their total revenue.
4. Thierry Delaporte is the President for ‘Life Project 4 Youth’ which focuses on rehabilitation of young adults (17-24 yrs.) who have been ex-prisoners, the disabled, abuse sufferers, etc. By receiving professional training for about 9-18 months, these young adults become independent and ready to play their own part in helping others to develop.
5. Thierry is a man of many languages. Having inculcated English, French, and Spanish into his portfolio, he sure has developed a global presentation value. As he begins his new venture, Delaporte probably is the first non-Indian CEO in any of the top four IT firms in the country.
ALSO READ: Wipro Appoints Thierry Delaporte As CEO and MD
Disclaimer: The views expressed in the article above are those of the authors' and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of this publishing house