The Role Of Organizations In Lifelong Learning And Development
The organization should always encourage an atmosphere of learning for the lifelong learning and development of the individuals working in the companies.
Photo Credit : ShutterStock,
Although we don't often associate lifelong learning and development with organizational learning, organizations play a crucial role in adding value to the lifelong learning of an individual. Lifelong learning is beneficial for an individual's welfare. Similarly, organizational learning for an overall development is pertinent for the continuous evolution of its members and the whole organization as a whole. Thus, the organization should always encourage an atmosphere of learning for the lifelong learning and development of the individuals working in the companies.
Let us look at some of the major roles of organizations in lifelong learning and development.
- Organizations, by inspiring a learning environment, are providing ample scope for formal education with the help of degree courses and relevant certificates. This not only enhances the pre-requisite skills of the individuals but also increase their chances of being employed.
- With the changes observed in the business world in the organizational needs and production demands, organizations are collaborating with various companies for various customized training. Various training and programming learning are essential for meeting up the ever-increasing demands.
- Helping various individuals decide what to learn and how to learn is another important factor for lifelong learning and development. They can decide on the fields they are good at and learn further for honing their talents in the respective sectors.
- There has been an increased requirement for learning atmosphere that offers programs and services that assists people to easily transform with the changing landscape.
- Offering relevant training, appropriate resources, effective networking with people, counselling or mentoring, constant interaction sessions, and gathering essential feedback are some of the ways organizations can help in lifelong learning and development.
As we see, lifelong learning is not something bound to schools or colleges. Organizations also have an extensive role in helping individuals achieve lifelong learning and development by incorporating innovative and effective learning approaches.