Navigating Through Effective Work from Home Regime
Despite how sweet remote working may seem, it still carries its own set of challenges.
When people think about work from home the first word that comes to mind is ‘Flexibility.’ Even though work from home does provide flexibility it is still a professional job loss of productivity is something that most people are experiencing a lot during work from home.
So here are some tips to navigate work from home: -
- Make a schedule- first thing that a person needs to do is to make a schedule and stick to it making schedules helps in prioritising work and to remain organised.
- Setup of workspace- designate a specific place for home office to store all work related files there it will help you to stay focused during work and it will also help you during video calls as it will show your professionalism.
- Practice office hours- try to stick to your regular working hours this will help you to maintain a routine and sticking to the hours will help you in increasing your productivity as you have to finish the work within a set period of time.
- Prioritizing the work- while working from home try to privatise work that is urgent and important and do that force followed by the work which is not so important this will help you to meet deadlines easily.
- Improve computer skills- most of the work will be done on your computer. You should try to learn how to use different software and update programs to keep your computer running smoothly.
- Limit the number of times you check your email- you should check your email for a set number of times in a day it will help you to stay focused and not get distracted from more important work.
- Avoid distractions- Aim to squeeze all productivity you can out of your working hours, learn to recognise the moment when you get side-tracked and try to come up with ways to effectively manage your distractions.
- Define boundaries-People often get lost in work when the telecommute which sometimes leads to burning out. It is important to maintain the work-life balance.
- Refrain from multitasking-It is easy to start one project and mouse to another by this will lead to wastage of time and at the end of the day you would be exhausted and what notice that you haven't accomplished anything today.
- Take time for self-care- Last but not the least it is important to take care of yourself this will help you not to burn out. Taking regular breaks or even a small nap will help you to increase your productivity.
As the times are changing, we also have to adapt to these changes. Certainly, working from home is difficult but if you follow these steps it will help you to navigate work from home.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in the article above are those of the authors' and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of this publishing house