Advertisement Becomes An Ally to Inclusive Hiring; Launches Digital Campaign “Work with Pride”

While the end of June may conclude PRIDE festivities for some, Monster continues to cheer and uplift the community with India’s largest annual diversity and inclusion event TRIUMPH 2.0.


As part of PRIDE celebrations,, India’s leading online career and recruitment resource, has launched a campaign called #ComeOutAsAlly to encourage safe and inclusive workspaces for the LGBTQIA+ community. The burden of coming out has always been on the LGBTQ community, and is aiming to change the narrative with the launch of this campaign encouraging more people to come out as allies. 13% of the corporate workforce identify themselves as LGBTQIA+, which leaves room for 87% of the workforce to become allies. The awareness campaign is currently being carried out within, and also being extended to its recruiter base to encourage people to demonstrate true allyship with a cause to make workplaces friendlier and more equitable for all.

The campaign has seen phenomenal feedback with 1000+ netizens openly coming out as allies on social media to encourage safe and inclusive workplaces for the LGBTQIA+ community. The 50 day campaign will consist of workshops, LGBTQIA+ influencer curated content, interview features with community members and allies, and will finally culminate with a 5 day mega D&I recruitment fair TRIUMPH.

Speaking on the campaign, Saurabh Srivastava, Chief Marketing Officer, said, “Creating a diverse and inclusive work environment is every organisation’s priority today, but most of us don’t know where to start. Understanding and unlearning biases through self-evaluation is a key step for employees, HR, and top management. Our ambition through this campaign was to create awareness and challenge people’s thoughts on overcoming workplace biases starting from our own workplace at Monster as well as others, encouraging more people to come out as allies. Moreover, our annual D&I job fair TRIUMPH is back again this year, championing the cause of diversity in the Indian job space and paving the way for equitable working opportunities for all.”

Giving community members the platform to share their stories, Monster has tied up with a number of influencers such as Suresh Ramdas (Mr.Gay India 2019) and Trinetra Haldar Gummaraj (transgender activist and surgeon), Pritam and Manish of vagabondboiz, Tristan Tube, Atulan and Divesh of honey.imm.home to share their personal stories of coming out and being their authentic selves.

Monster has developed a new website to support the cause, where anyone can login and register their pledge in a unique manner to support the community. Spreading awareness on inclusivity, a content series was executed challenging individuals to change their perspectives, be more accepting, and upgrade their world views. The campaign further maps out timelines for LGBTQIA+ friendly laws passed in India, highlighting how LQBTQIA+ employees must be judged basis their professional skills in the workplace and not their sexuality! The #ComeOutAsAlly campaign has seen overwhelming feedback, with 400+ netizens openly coming out as allies on social media. Monster is not only standing on the fence with the #ComeOutAsAlly campaign on social media, but starting right at home with EMBRACE, an employee sensitization workshop on Diversity & Inclusion held at their Bangalore office on 21st June.

While the end of June may conclude PRIDE festivities for some, Monster continues to cheer and uplift the community with India’s largest annual diversity and inclusion event TRIUMPH 2.0. TRIUMPH is a 5-day mega event by Monster India that aims to build diverse and inclusive workplaces by curating a D&I talent pool for India’s largest corporates. Apart from enabling upskilling and recruitment of LGBTQ, women, and PwD communities, the first of its kind career fair offers candidates the opportunity to connect with top companies in India. In 2021, TRIUMPH 1.0 saw registrations from over 70,000 candidates and generated over 55M impressions.

Furthermore, Monster strongly believes that at the workplace, skills matter the most and that a lot of difference can be brought about by connecting, collaborating, and empowering diverse communities. To ensure that candidates are industry ready before applying for their dream jobs at inclusive companies, is also offering a flat 50% discount with the code “PRIDE50” on its Career Services which offers resume guidance, mock interviews, LinkedIn makeovers, and professional advice. 

Tags assigned to this article:


Around The World