Imperatives For Enabling 100% Digital Workforce
The workplace infrastructure and design have become an intrinsic part of any business’s key decisions and important for its growth.
Today, digital transformation is revolutionizing every industry. While this revolution has touched human lives in umpteen number of ways, new technologies and innovation are paving the way for new expectations in each industry. In organizations, the idea of a workplace being more inclusive, and transcendental has taken root and is changing its entire functionality.
Workspace is getting future-ready as organizations are trying to overcome legacy issues. The workplace infrastructure and design have become an intrinsic part of any business’s key decisions and important for its growth, success, and futuristic outlook. An efficient, connected organization is essential to meet the business goals, which requires a shift from the siloed, legacy model. Now, organizations are taking measures to move towards a more fluid, networked environment that empowers each worker to connect with the people and resources they need to deliver new value and connected experiences.
Crucial requirements for the digital workspace
This digitally connected environment is imperative for the mobile workforce:
· Experience Centric: Building a digital workspace does not only mean keeping workers in mind, but it is more related to making employees experience central to the process. Taking risks into consideration that may lead to failure, employees must learn to adopt collaboration and security solutions, a necessity for modern work experience. On other form devices which employees use throughout the day on different locations from which they must work.
· Platforms and Applications: Employees are working slowly on aplenty business applications throughout the day, including internally developed apps to serve a unique purpose and several legacy programs that are not updated. Regardless of anything, they need to have the ability to access all the tools they would require using on any device they need.
· Secure Device Management: Employees using their own or company-issued devices or whether they are working in a corporate office, branch, or on the road, it is imperative to leverage the latest device management to secure all networks across locations and endpoints.
Hassle-free operations with the right infrastructure
Organizations always strive hard to deliver quality and outstanding customer experience through both digital as well as their offices. Hence, it is vital to have the right physical infrastructure at each location. If connections are balky, applications are non-responsive, and network access is slow; they collectively affect both the employees, prospects and customers who are engaging in real-time.
To offer a hassle-free and smooth experience to both customers and employees, having the right infrastructure is a must. Adopting hybrid cloud architecture and migrating non-critical workloads onto the clouds to create a fasted process and making resources available for employees at any time and anywhere. Cloud offers a highly secured infrastructure for ensuring the security of data and applications owned by the business.
There are three significant areas, where implementing the right tool is essential to support this modern workspace:
· Latest Ethernet Switches: With the assistance of the digital workplace, businesses can break down communication barriers by enabling collaboration tools (such as interoffice messaging, video and voice conferencing) to better employee connectivity. While directing the network connection bandwidth to so many devices, having a high-speed Ethernet switch is essential to handle multiple devices simultaneously.
· High-speed WANs and Wi-Fi: Today, when employees are located wide and far, a high-speed wireless bridge can offer better connectivity to employees in remote locations. For business, access to both WAN devices and wireless bridge keeps cloud services, headquarters, smaller branches, and consumers connected.
· Improved Physical Security: Physical security technology plays an essential part in a digital workspace. Though most companies have surveillance cameras, they are siloed, slow, and costly. Next-gen surveillance cameras and access control devices connect access control, video surveillance, and incident response on a single medium, granting access to video anytime and anywhere. Along with that, these devices offer video analytics and many other updated features for high security.
The digital workspace can vary depending on the industry. Businesses that spread across branches and distributed workforces have some unique requirements while building an optimal digital workspace. But with the right combination of technologies and the assistance of a trusted technical partner, they can deliver a modern experience to employees the same as customers.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in the article above are those of the authors' and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of this publishing house