Casual Friday comes with its perks and drawbacks. From the purview of employee welfare and benefits, it is a good call to promote Casual Fridays.
Casual Friday is a practice that some organizations choose to have, which allows the employees to relax on their dressing code. As a change from formal and business wear, more casual attire can be chosen on Fridays. This is adopted from the western world to denote the last day of the work week.
Benefits of Casual Friday:
1. Retention of workforce: A more relaxed workplace environment provides an atmosphere among the workforce to bond well together and thus forming a better team building. Having a good relationship at a workplace acts as a great motivator to work longer at the company.
2. Productivity: Productivity levels are directly related to the perks offered. Providing a casual environment which promotes their mental welfare increases employees’ efficiency at the start of next week.
3. Achievements: On a case-by-case basis, there are conditions and bosses who promote Casual Friday which is based on weekly or monthly performances. This increases their level of satisfaction as this acts as a reward for their achievement.
Drawbacks of Casual Friday:
1. Taking advantage: In many cases where the Casual Fridays become worrisome are the situations where the employees taking the situation too generously and informally, which poses a threat to the organization ethos.
2. Impression: Casual Friday often gives the look of laidback situation which is not a healthy business mode. For a client who is visiting the office on Friday, it may give an impression of a laidback environment.
Casual Friday comes with its perks and drawbacks. From the purview of employee welfare and benefits, it is a good call to promote Casual Fridays. But anything without a restriction goes haywire. For the betterment of the company, a few ground rules need to be established on Casual Fridays.